With this news about Love Actually airing in Korea coming up, I felt so happy that while Da-hae is now on a break and we don’t know when she will pick her next project 😦 some Korean viewers will still get to see her in this drama.
I thought this is a good time to write a brief review about the drama. I am not that good of a writer or a critic but I am just posting my personal feelings and opinion for the drama 🙂
[Warning: this review may contain spoilers]
- Da-hae and Joe had an amazing chemistry on and off screen, actually amazing may not be enough word to describe it. Their kissing scenes were both hot and sweet. How much I wish to see them together in the same frame again whether it is another project or even a CF or an event (praying)
- I really loved the first half of the drama, we got tons of cute and lovely moments for our OTP and to be frank that is the thing that sells this drama for me, hehe
- Joe overall look and style was great, this was my favorite look of him. It made him so manly and mature (yes I am that shallow to put this in the good points 😀 )
- We must admit that this is not a high quality drama and I don’t think this was their goal while making this so, you can find the writing so naive and the events are predictable. But I treated it for what it was made for not what I want it to be.
- The second half of this drama kind of ruined it for me (I think it began when the ex-gf appeared) because we started to get all kind of cliches (I don’t need to talk about the Hao Feng (Joe Character) imagining he is kissing Zhi Xia (Da-hae Character) while he was with the ex-gf and then get up forgetting what happened and then deceived by his ex-gf as she claims to be pregnant “cough”) and I felt the drama lost its description as a rom-com as it turned all dramatic on us. At that time I didn’t find a character to root for (as I thought all the characters’ actions are ridiculous) and really missed seeing the strong and independent personality of Zhi Xia which I loved in the first half (although they gave us a glimpse of that again in the last few episodes) With that said, I still loved the OTP scenes in those episodes. That scene when they coincidentally meet in the garden and talk with genuine smile on their face then walking backwards away from each other not wanting to leave with teary sad face and the other scene with Hao Feng (Joe Character) biting the hand of the teary smiling Zhi Xia were my favorites ❤
- I was sad that I didn’t get to hear Da-hae voice while watching this. I admit that even though she didn’t go the easy way and actually spoke most of her lines in Chinese but her Korean accent wouldn’t have helped the drama. And in the end I actually wasn’t annoyed by the dubbing but as an obsessed fan I just missed her voice 😀
- I was so mad at Hunan TV for cutting many parts of the drama (including some action and kissing scenes) and although the full version of the drama aired on another channel this year but I didn’t get to see that version till now and not sure if I will actually get to see it one day 😦
- I didn’t always love Da-hae hairstyle and makeup here specially when they messed up her hair and her bang which didn’t compliment her beauty at all.
Overall, I enjoyed the ride just watching my OTP Zhi Xia and Hao Feng/Da-hae and Joe together.
Have some OTP stills (No, I admit a lot 😀 ) ❤
And also have a MV I made to enjoy their amazing chemistry in action ❤