YAAAY, I personally can’t believe it and I am still so excited and over the moon because of this. Since I first got the news from my dear DramaFan, my mind is processing it and I am trying to calm down to write this post.
So, first I need to thank DramaFan and Gumi from Stuck On Hyuk for their nomination. I really find myself so lucky to have you as friends and that you actually find the blog good enough to recommend it. I also take it as another great gift from Hyukie oppa to Da-hae ^^
Gamsahabnida *Bows and Kisses*
Even though I actually learned German for 2 years (although it was more than 10 years ago) and the word “Liebe”/”Love” was one of the first words I learned but I still didn’t recognize the word “Liebster” at all (Yes blame it all on my laziness to study and maintain my language skills 😀 ) so, I started searching to find more about what this award means.
So obviously the award has German origins and “Liebster” means beloved or dearest. It is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers and the idea behind it is to discover and promote up-and-coming bloggers and personally I also see it as a way to thank bloggers who I have been enjoying their blogs. And to accept the nomination there is a set of rules needed to be followed.
So let me start 🙂
I actually saw many versions of the rules for the award and I think it has been changing over time and from blogger to blogger and while I was searching, I got to find this great post which summarized it all for me so you can take a look on it as well to know more about this award.
Here are the award rules:
- Display the award on your blog.
- List the award rules in your post.
- Link back to your nominating blog(s).
- Answer the questions they have provided.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (You can’t tag back bloggers).
- Generate 11 questions to be answered by your nominees.
- Contact your nominees to let them know the news!
The questions answers:
- If you are going to a desert island, and you can only take 3 k-dramas with you, which will they be and why? ooh decisions, decisions. But I am happy that you only mentioned about k-dramas which means I can take whatever drama I want from other countries ^^ About k-dramas, first will be “Chuno” mainly because I will need to always have my dose of Hyukie and Zio abs and to see my Chuno trio. Second will be” My Girl”, that will be for my happiness and smile dose. Third will be “That Fool” because that drama may have one of my favorite male lead characters ever, he is just perfect and I will watch the drama imagining that this man is taking care of me on the Island.
- You are on the same desert island and you can make only three k-hotties to come spend time with you. Who will they be, and what would each be in charge of? (Who would do the cooking, etc?) mmm, this is one hard decision and I think that actually my answer would differ from time to time but as I have to take this decision now so, Gong Yoo (he will need to spend his time swimming 😉 ), Lee Jun Ki (he will have to spend his time staring at me and I don’t mind if he do that while singing) and G-Dragon (he will have to spend his time smiling at me) and I will gladly do the rest of the work 😀
- I (DramaFan) am still not familiar with Kpop. What is the one Korean singer I must definitely listen to, and which are his/her best songs? I think I may not be the best person to answer this question because I am also not into Kpop but I like F.T.Island songs and HongKi voice. I actually like almost all what I heard of them, but if I have to specify then “Love Sick“, “Memory” and “Missing You“
- The next time I go to a Korean restaurant, what should I definitely order? Unfortunately I didn’t try any Korean food till now and even can’t use Chopsticks but I personally would like to try “Bulgogi“
- What was your first Kdrama crush? My first female crush is obvious of course ^^ but for male crush that would be “Gong Yoo” ❤
- What is the maximum number of episodes you have watched in a day? I think it was 5~6 Episodes
- Which is the Kdrama cliche you just can’t stand? Engrish, I always wonder why they find it cool to make actors speak English when they actually can’t.
- Which is the Kdrama cliche you actually enjoy? I think I enjoy any cliche if it is done right but my favorite would be our heroes getting drunk and going to Noraebang (this always end up to be cute and funny and lovely scenes)
- Who is your favorite Korean actress? “Lee Da-hae” (that was so obvious 😀 )
- Tell us your favorite Kdrama OST Chuno OST
11 Random Facts about Myself:
- My real name means “Light rain”.
- I am afraid of all animals including cats and dogs.
- I blush a lot which is a big problem for me because it is like showing your own very personal feelings to the whole world.
- I never dyed my hair and don’t usually put make-up except for some rare cases.
- I am an easy crier watching dramas/movies.
- I can sleep with the light on and I actually prefer sleeping with some noise around.
- As I can’t pose, I have the same pose in most of my pictures.
- I really like the sea but I can’t swim.
- I used to collect coins and I still have a small collection of them.
- I don’t drink Tea, Coffee, Nescafé …etc which make people suffer trying to welcome me at their homes.
- I usually hide my wide smile like this 😀
Nominations [in no specific order]:
- Ripgal’s Haven of Insanity: This is one of first blogs I have ever checked and in addition that Ripgal had a great love for Da-hae and did write many posts about her through the years but also I can’t count how many times Ripgal has introduced to me and eventually made me watch films, songs and dramas through this blog. So it is always a great place for me to discover new things to watch. (Ripgal dear, I hope you do get the time to be more active again).
- Hallyu Interview: This is one amazing blog including translation for interviews with stars which something you actually can’t find easily and it is always a great gift for the stars fans. The blog is managed by the multilingual The Real Cz.
- Wootnes: This blog is dedicated to anything related to Joe Cheng. The man is surely one of my first crushes and my favorites Taiwanese actors. I really enjoy reading Wootness posts and it is great that I can find all the news and info about my lovely man in one place.
- Breathless Survival: I came across this lovely blog when I was going crazy over the Taiwanese Drama “The Pursuit of Happiness” with Sonia and Tony and still enjoying the posts about them there. In addition to the wonderful posts for news, reviews and recaps, the translations included there is a great help for someone like me.
- The Vault: Mr.X who is known for his very critical views is managing this blog and even though my English can’t help me to read and understand all the long posts there but I find this blog so informative and like an archive of Korean dramas and movies. It is a great place for reviews and to decide what movies/dramas to watch. The only reason it is not on the list of nominees that it is not active for months now (I really miss checking the updates there 😦 )
Some of my favorite blogs and who would have been surely included in the nominees actually got multiple awards lately or before. So, I will include them here in the special mention ❤
Questions for the Nominees:
- When did your drama obsession start?
- How many dramas you can watch at the same time?
- How much time do you spend working on your blog? (daily/weekly)
- Who is your favorite celebrity? If you got to receive a gift from him/her, what it would be?
- What is your favorite color?
- How did watching dramas affect your real life style?
- What drama scene made your heart flutter the most?
- Which actor/actress that you want to share a piggyback scene with?
- Do you like travelling? If you get the chance to travel, which country you like to visit and why?
- Which drama you re-watch when you feel down?
- What is the regular thing you first check on the web?
I am really looking forward to read the answers so now I will go notify the nominees and then get back to my celebration mode 😀
Edit: YAAAY!!! Got My Liebster No. 2
So not only Zhaoul keep giving us great gifts each time she write one of her wonderful reviews or post one of her amazing art work but she also gave me this!!! and as it was the Oscars season, it just felt that I got my own blogging Oscar kk ^^ 😀
Thanks a lot dear for this. I actually always feel grateful that you keep checking and commenting here. Imagine me doing this to you ♥♥ *MUAH*
But as it is a very short time since my previous Liebster, so I won’t mention new nominees this time.
Now here are the answers to Zhaoul’s questions
- Which manga, anime, book or popular movie would you like to see turned into a Kdrama? That is a very tough question for me. I am not Manga Fan or even a good reader to international books and I actually don’t like remakes (that usually don’t end up being good) so nothing comes to my mind here.
- If you were asked to play a part of an English actor in a Kdrama, who would you want to act with? As “Hotel King” and Dong-Hae reunion is taking a big part of my brain these days, so all I can think of is how I would feel if I get to act along with my Dong-Hae there and see them in character!!?? Oh just the the though of it makes me Squee but I am afraid that when it comes to acting… 1 min of me on screen will be a big disaster for the drama, lol 😀
- Which older actor who usually plays a supporting role do you really enjoy watching? There is many names actually, but who first come to my mind are “Kim Gab Soo”, “Sung Dong Il” and “Kim Young Chul”
- If you could kiss any Kdrama actor, who would it be? *Blush* *Blush* I know that I would never do that in real life but if it is in my imagination, that would be “Gong Yoo” kkk^^
- Who is your favorite Kdrama actor who is also a Kpop star? mm, I don’t have an absolute favorite with this description but I would choose “Rain”
- Can you speak Korean? Unfortunately no T_T
- When was the last time you watched something that wasn’t Korean or Taiwanese or Japanese? I usually watch American/Indian Movies on My TV everyday but if I am on Internet it is all about Asian dramas/Movies 😀
- Have you made a lot of friends through blogging? Yes, I was lucky to have that. Including you of course my dear ❤
- Do you think your Kdrama obsession will cool down, stay the same or get worse? I think it is already cooled down for me. I remember when I first started watching Kdramas I was in continues search for new dramas to watch all the time but now I only watch the ones that I read they are good and has a story that I am interested to see or have one of my favorite actors/actresses.
- On average, how many hours do you spend a week watching Kdramas? As I don’t watch Kdramas while it airs (except for Da-hae dramas) so it is not consistent and I may end up not watching any for sometime but if I am marathoning dramas, I might spend 10 hours weekly in average (not that much of a time compared to other Kdrama fans, I know :D)
Now again some celebration and dancing time 😀
Edit: WHAT? I got Liebster No. 3!!!
10th of March, that was another GREAT day!! I think I will never get used to this. It is always an amazing feeling to receive such an appreciation and love and to know that people are really enjoying your blog.
Did I ever till you how much I love your nick name 😉 So as you now came out of the fairy tale and give me this, I need to thank you so much Chingu ♥♥
Now time to answer the questions ^^
- What is your all time favorite movie and TV show? (outside K-entertainment) That will be “Rurouni Kenshin” (I am totally obsessed with it that I started watching parts of the Anime and I just can’t wait for the sequels)
- Your favorite drama under following categories—rom-com, melodrama, thriller, family drama. Rom-Com (I think it would be a tie between My Girl and Coffee Prince), Melodrama (Thank You), Thriller (Chuno) and Family drama (Unfortunately still didn’t watch any of those but I think I will do at some point :D)
- Your dream pair? Lee Da-hae and Gong Yoo (It is obvious how love them a lot individually 😀 and so it would be such a treat to see them together)
- Rainfall or Snowfall? Rainfall but even though I really love it but my choice here is is not based on comparison but it is because I never get to see “Snowfall” in my whole life but I always wanted to experience that 😀
- Your favorite romantic drama cliché. Another one in addition to what I already mentioned before (In the answers above) is the hero’s almost kiss and staring to the heroine while sleep ^^